At SOCO, our goal is to allow clients to focus on their business – and not get bogged down in the technology that drives it. A Managed SharePoint Support Service from SOCO is the solid foundation that allows you to build an agile technology-enabled business.
- Performance – lack of performance monitoring means that if user engagement with SharePoint increases there is a real risk of performance degradation.
- Security – without clearly defined governance policies, there is a risk of site security being “open slather”, potentially resulting in confidential data being accessed by unauthorised persons or catastrophic changes being made by users without the understanding of what they are doing.
- Backup and Restore – without a tried and tested backup and restore solution, your SharePoint farm is at risk not only from a business continuity perspective, but also from a data recovery perspective. Sites, libraries, documents and list items are deleted constantly, and without an effective backup solution in place can be lost forever.
- Uptime – as a core business system, system uptime is of paramount importance. Monitoring key indicators for potential impending issues and taking proactive action can drastically reduce system outages, ensuring the system is up when the business requires it.
- Disaster recovery – following on from backup and restore, having a complete, tried and tested disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan is essential. The mere thought of operating a business without one of its core systems can be terrifying, but not having a plan for that situation increases the risk by an order of magnitude.
- Patch Management – SharePoint, Windows and SQL are complex pieces of software, which have security vulnerabilities, bugs, and functionality enhancements over their lifecycle. A proactive patch management process is essential to ensure currency, security and supportability are maintained.